Mama Diaries

Friday, April 9, 2010

Let the Adventures Begin!

Every summer my kids and I try to do something new every week. It may be a visit to a new playground, a trip to a museum, or a hike through a nature preserve. These little excursions take a little planning. So today, I planned our 2010 Summer Adventures. I told my little guy where we would be going.

"I want to go now!"
"Honey, these are summer activities."
"I want to go now!"

I looked at the clock. We had an hour and a half before I had to pick up my daughter from school. I tried explaining that we had very little time to do anything anyway.

"Pick something close. I want to go now!"

I scoured my Adventures Around Cincinnati Book (good resource, by the way for those living in the Cincinnati area) and found a history museum that was a half hour away.

"Okay, let's go."

What a great place it was! We only had twenty minutes to visit, but it was a lot of fun. And the nice lady at the desk gave us a discount pass for the next time we visit. Sometimes it's good to be a little bit crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment