Mama Diaries

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Girl Scout?

Before I tell you the "Girl Scout" story, I have to tell you this one: This morning I awoke and did what I always do: I went to my son's room to wake him up. I walked in and found that he was missing. "Hmmm," I thought. "Where could he be?"

I looked in the guest bedroom, where my dad had been sleeping. It was empty. I decided to investigate. I looked all over the house and could not find them. Then I heard tapping. It was coming from the garage. Curious, I opened the door. There, on the garage floor, were my son and father, hammering away with some wood and nails.

"We're making an AT-AT!" my son exclaimed with a huge grin on his face.

Fast forward to late afternoon. It was time for my daughter's girl scout meeting. Unfortunately, my husband, who was supposed to come home, was still out on his motorcycle. That meant I had to take my son to the girl scout meeting.

The girl scouts looked at me quizzically as I brought my son in with his new AT-AT. I explained my situation. They were okay with having him at the meeting. Then it was time to sing girl scout songs. My little guy decided that singing about a moose who drinks juice just wasn't for him. So he started belting out the Star Wars Imperial March.

"I'm a boy girl scout!" he announced, after he finished his song.

Um, right.

No comments:

Post a Comment