Mama Diaries

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Grouchy Mama

Today I'm feeling a bit like the mama in my new book, That Mama is a Grouch. Let me tell you why. First, I was trying to prepare the minutes from the Ohio String Teachers Board of Directors meeting that occured the night before. Every two minutes it was, "Mommy, I need you!"

"No, you don't!" I would grumble.

Then my son parked himself on his belly in the office where I was working. He started kicking his legs. Guess what happened next? He knocked the floor lamp over and broke it.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to..." he whimpered.

'Yeah, I know. Just go," I said.

A little while later, it was, "Mommy, I need help!"

Exasperated, I went to see what he needed. There, spread out on the family room floor, were the contents of a mighty big Lego set - 890 pieces to be exact. "Can you help me put this together?"

"Arghh!"

(I think I got about 500 of those pieces together. The rest will have to wait!)

No comments:

Post a Comment