Mama Diaries

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Hurricane!

Today my kids experienced a hurricane. "Where?" you ask. At the mall. Okay, so it wasn't a real hurricane. It was a hurricane simulation in a wind tunnel. What will they think of next for moms to spend their money on?

I just wanted to get a quick birthday present for my mom, but no! That darn hurricane simulation machine was standing in my way. I tried to race past it, hoping that my kids wouldn't notice. They went to it like magnets.

"Please!!!!" they begged.

"It's a waste of money," I said.

"But it would be so cool to see what it's like in a hurricane."

"I used to live in Florida. It is not cool to be in a hurricane!" was my reply.

They continued to beg. Two dollars. All right, for two dollars I'll let them feel the winds of a hurricane.

They went inside and found out just how loud hurricane winds can be.

"I don't ever want to do that again!" they both said as they came out.

Good. One less thing to deal with at the mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment