Mama Diaries

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Reading Material

Now that summer vacation has begun, it is time to start the summer reading program. This annual event is hosted by our local library. So my kids and I got in the car and made our way to the library. When we got there, we went directly to the children's section. My son scanned the books. "Where are the Star Wars books?" he asked.

"I don't see any Star Wars books," I replied.

'Then go ask a worker!" was his response.

"I'll go to the computer and check the library catalogue."

I found the location of the Star Wars books. He wanted to check out all ten of them. We checked out six. I told him to leave a few for other Star Wars fanatics.

We went home and read the books. I could not believe that he actually knew the names of all of the fighter planes. "That's an ARC-170 Fighter, and that's a Jedi Interceptor, and that's a Droid Gunship, and look, it's an AT-RT Walker!" he told me.

Wow. I wonder if that had to do with all the Lego sets we've put together, or the Star Wars video games he's been playing with his dad?

No comments:

Post a Comment