Mama Diaries

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Name that Smoothie

I was browsing through my Family Fun magazine today and came across a recipe for a smoothie made with a certain green vegetable (which I happen to like). My kids always stick they noses up at it when I slice some up and put it on my sandwich.

I thought I'd have a little fun and see if I could get them to like it this new way. While they were out of the room, I got out the blender, the vegetable, milk, ice, and a couple other ingredients. I went to work.

When I had completed the concoction, I tasted it. Delicious!

"Kids, come here," I said. "I want you to try this."

They looked at the green thing. "What is it?"

"Just try it."

My son, the brave one, tried it first.

"Do you like it?"

"Yeah, it's good," he said.

My daughter tried it. "It has vanilla in it, doesn't it?" she queried.

"Yes."

"I like the vanilla, but I'm not sure about the back taste (whatever that meant). What is it?"

"Avocado."

"Ewww, mommmmm! You made us drink avocado?"

Hee Hee.

Here's the recipe if you want to try it: In a blender, combine a peeled and pitted avocado with 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of ice cubes, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Blend until smooth.

2 comments:

  1. I love avocado, too, but I'm too lazy to make smoothies! (Get out the blender, clean the dust off the blender, wash the blender after using....) Have you ever gotten the guacamole at Ruby Tuesday's? They make it fresh when you order it and it's GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try it. It sounds good!

    ReplyDelete