Mama Diaries

Friday, September 3, 2010

Block Engineer

My six-year-old son loves to play with wooden blocks (almost as much as Legos). He came up to me and asked me to build with him.

"What do you want me to build?"

"Anything you want."

"How about a giraffe?"

"No, that's too weird."

So much for anything I wanted. I decided to think outside of the box and build a car, boat, and submarine.

"How do you like my submarine?" I asked.

My son looked at it and shook his head. "That doesn't look like a submarine."

"Okay, then let's see you make one."

The little man went to work. What he created was a masterpiece, complete with periscope and torpedos. After he finished making his creation, he stood back to admire it.

"See, Mommy. That's how you do it."

I guess I have a lot to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment