Mama Diaries

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Frog Puddle

My kids and I were walking in the woods along a dried-up creek behind our house today. Suddenly, in front of us, an olive-green frog hopped by.

"That's odd," I said. "There's no water here."

I looked a little further down the creek bed, and there in a low area, was a small puddle of water, no more than two feet wide.

Naturally my son had to investigate.

As he neared the puddle, several frogs scurried out of the way and hopped into it.

Would you believe that there were about seven frogs all huddled in this little puddle?

My son decided this was a great place to catch frogs, so he went home, donned his fireman rain boots and gardening gloves, and went frog catching. I believe he managed to catch all seven. (Of course he released them back into their little puddle.)

No comments:

Post a Comment