Mama Diaries

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Mario Cart

If you haven't noticed, the Halloween costumes are out in the stores. My son noticed. He of course, had to inspect every single one. He finally settled on a Mario costume (if you don't know who Mario is, he's a video game character who dresses like a plumber and has a big mustache and red cap.).

Of course he wanted to put the costume on when he got home. Then he wanted to parade around the neighborhood.

"Mommy," he said, "I'm going to drive my golf cart now. Will you please come with me?"

So off we went, around the neighborhood - he in his pint-sized golf cart and me following behind. It was quite a sight. A few kids even came out of their houses to see the "Mario Kart" character.

Then my son spotted a grasshopper. He hopped out of the cart to chase it. Finally he caught it. "Mommy, I'm going to take the grasshopper home."

"What about the golf cart?"

"You can take it home."

So I sat on the little seat, hung my legs over the hood, and pressed the gas pedal with my hand. Now that was a sight - me in the pint-sized golf cart following a little Mario Man and a grasshopper. (A few of our neighbors had a good chuckle watching us!)

No comments:

Post a Comment