Mama Diaries

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Star Struck

Last night I took my tween-age daughter to a "back to school bash" held at a local church. A band called the "Hi-Tops" played. We had seen the "Hi-Tops" perform about two years ago. They are a pretty good all-girl band. My daughter loved them. She was so excited to see them again that she could not contain herself. She positioned herself right in front of the stage, screaming and yelling and jumping up and down like she had ants in her pants. Then one of the band members reached down and gave her a sideways high five.

She came running and screaming to where I had parked myself. "She touched my hand, she touched my hand!!!!!!" she yelled. (More screams.)

"Wonderful," I shouted as enthusiastically as I could, knowing that I was doing some serious damage to my ears (remind me to bring earplugs next time!)

"I'm never going to wash my hand again!"

"We'll see about that," I replied.

She washed her hands as soon as she got home.

At least it was a wonderful memory for her. Now if only my ears would stop ringing!

No comments:

Post a Comment