Mama Diaries

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hurt Feelings

Today I took my six-year-old son to an indoor playground.

As I signed the waiver sheets and paid the admission fee, my son said to the man behind the counter, "I like this place. I always make friends here!"

Unfortuantely, it was not a good day for making friends. My friendly little guy went up to another little boy who was about his age, and asked if he wanted to play.

"Get away from me, and never talk to me again!" the little boy said.

My son was crushed. He came over to me and buried his face in my coat.

"Mommy, that boy hurt my feelings like nobody ever has in my life." he said. I felt so bad for him.

Then he looked up. "Can we talk about this up there?" he asked pointing to a high platform of one of the playsets.

"Okay," I said, and followed him up to the top of the playset. We had a good mother-son talk up there. I think he felt a little better after that.

Why do kids have to be so cruel?

2 comments:

  1. Aw, sadness! That's great he was able to talk to you about it, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to take to him and make him feel better. Kids can be so cruel sometimes, but I don't know why. Big hugs to your son!

    ReplyDelete