Mama Diaries

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Bloody Paws

Didn't I just write a post about blood a couple of weeks ago?  Well, here we go again.  This time the dog's toe nails got clipped a little too low.  Blood started oozing everywhere.. There was blood on the floor, blood all over the dog, blood on my socks, blood on my pants, and blood all over my husband's shirt.

"That's nothing," my husband said.  "It looks worse than it is."

I looked at him quizzically.  "Are you sure?"  It certainly didn't look good to me.  

We put the dog in his crate and cleaned up the mess.  Meanwhile, the dog was going around in circles licking the blood off of the floor of his crate.

"I'm going to go to Walgreens and get something for him," my husband announced.

"Okay," I said.

He came back with some cauterizing stuff.  I tried to hold the dog down as my husband attempted to apply the stuff to the wound.  That didn't go well.  I think it made it worse.  The dog was yiping and more blood oozed out.  There was blood on the floor, blood on my socks.....you get the picture.

It's two hours later and the dog is still in his crate, going around in circles licking his blood.  Of course the vet isn't in now.

Will this dog saga ever stop?

No comments:

Post a Comment