Mama Diaries

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Ant Eater

"I have some new friends," my six-year-old son announced.

"Oh, yeah?" I asked.  "Who are they?"

"One's an ant, one's a bee, and one is a spider.  Do you want to meet them?"

"Sure," I said.

He took me over and introduced me to the ant, the bee, and the spider.

Unfortunately our dog had to get in on the action.  The ant was particularly interesting to the big bad beast.  He watched the little insect scurry around.  Then he sniffed it.  He must've decided that it would taste good, because then his big pink tongue flicked out and scooped the ant into his big old mouth. 

Needless to say, my son was very upset that his friend became dog food.

All I can say, is I hope that little ant bit up that pink tongue before it was swallowed!    

No comments:

Post a Comment