Mama Diaries

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Do-Wop Kid

My dad is really into the 50's and 60's.  He even drives around in a '67 Corvette Convertable.  My kids love when Grandpa comes into town, because they get to cruise around in his cool car and listen to do-wop music.

Grandpa wasn't here today, but my son had a "do-wop" cloud above his head, thanks to Grandpa's last visit.

"Mom, I want to listen to 'Remember When' by the Earls."

I did a search on You Tube and found it.

That kid sat in the office singing at the top of his lungs, "Re mem mem, re mem me me ber, re mem mem, re mem me me ber......" for an hour.

Then he got on the phone and called Grandpa and sang it with him for another twenty minutes.

"This is the best song ever!" he said.

Now I suppose I'll have to find a CD of it for his birthday.  Thanks, Grandpa.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment