Mama Diaries

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Lemonade Stand

It was about ninety degrees outside today.

"Mama, can we have a lemonade stand?"  my daughter asked.  "Our friend wants to do it too."

"First of all, it's really hot.  Second, we're in a cul-de-sac that doesn't get much traffic.  Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yes!"

So we set up the lemonade stand at the end of our driveway.  Would you believe we actually had customers?  First, the mail person bought one.  Then a couple of lawn company guys bought some.  Then some construction workers came over at bought some.  I couldn't believe it.  We did better at the end of our driveway than we did at the pool last year.

"So what are you gooing to buy with that money?" I asked the neighborhood kid. 

"A rock at the natural history museum."  Apparently my son showed him his rock collection, and that inspired him.

"I'm saving for a house," my six-year-old son said. 

That's my boy.  We better have a lot of lemonade stands then! 

No comments:

Post a Comment