Mama Diaries

Monday, June 6, 2011

Mr. Patch Eye

My six-year-old son has some serious allergy problems this time of year.  His eyes get all puffy and itchy.  They swell so much he can barely see out of them.  This morning when I went into his room to wake him up, I found him sound asleep - with pirate eye-patches on.

"Um, good morning," I said.

He stirred slightly.

I tried again.

"Good morning.  Time to get up!"

He woke up - a little discombobulated.

"Where am I?"  he asked.

"In your bed.  If you take those patches off of your eyes you might see something."

"Oh yeah. "

To make a long story short, he had put the patches on to prevent himself from rubbing his eyes.

Unfortunately, his eyes looked pretty bad under the patches, so he ended up wearing a patch to school.

Arrrr, matey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment