Mama Diaries

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Making a Music Video

"Mom, I want to make a music video," my nine-year-old daughter announced.

"Okay.  How are you going to do that?" I asked.

"I dunno."

"Hmmm.  It sounds like a Klutz project."

For those of you who don't know, Klutz is a company that makes books for kids that shows them how to do all sorts of things, from playing Cats Cradle string games to making music videos.

I found a Klutz book on how to make music videos.

We put up a green screen and started shooting the video.  My daughter and her friend were really rocking.

Then the fun began.  I had to figure out how to use the software to change the background for the video.  I tried a bizillion different ways, but nothing seemed to work.  I was getting pretty frustrated. 

Then I discoved the directions.  Ahhh.  Enlightenment.

Now I'm a pro at changing backgrounds  and adding all kinds of special effects.

Who knows, maybe someday I'll make my own music video! 

No comments:

Post a Comment