Mama Diaries

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fun at the Orthodontist

Waiting in doctors' offices is not my son's favorite thing to do.  He gets really antsy, if you know what I mean.

Today he had a visit at the orthodontist's office.

"Have a seat, honey.  The doctor will be in to see you shortly," the receptionist said.

My son grinned.  He brushed his teeth and immediately went into one of the patient rooms and pulled out one of those little stools on wheels.  He sat down on the wheely chair.

"Dude, please put that back,"  I said.   "The receptionist meant you should sit in one of these normal chairs over here."

"Those are boring."

"Too bad."

Then it was time for him to wait in the big chair - the one that tilts back.  Unfortunately, it wasn't quite time for the doctor to come in, so sitting in that chair lasted about thirty seconds.

My little man got up and went over to the fan that was spinning in the corner.  He started speaking into it: "My name is Bub-ba.   I am a ro-bot."  He sounded just like a robot.  Somehow the fan was modulating his voice so that it did sound like a robot.

"How did you know it would do that?" I asked.

"I do it all the time with the fan in our garage."

"I see."

All of the workers who heard him laughed.

I just shook my head.  Never a dull moment!

 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment