Mama Diaries

Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Underside of the Table

I never look on the underside of my kitchen table.  Why should I?  My kids are fairly neat, so I would never suspect a mess there.

Today, my seven-year old son crawled under the table after dinner and made this announcement:  "Mama, there's a huge glob of peanut butter under the table."

"What?" I said.

"Yeah.  Look."

I crawled under the table and found not one, but two smears of peanut butter.  They looked a lot like doggy nose prints.

We had put some peanut butter in the dog's kong toy a few months ago.  Apparently after he got the peanut butter out, he smeared it under the table. 

Do you know what it's like cleaning up three-month-old peanut butter.  Pretty disgusting!

Note to self:  Inspect under the table on a daily basis, and don't put peanut butter in the dog's kong! 

No comments:

Post a Comment