Mama Diaries

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Dumb Cat

I thought cats were supposed to be curious.  Not ours.  We got one of those laser toys that shine a beam of light on the ground.  Cats are supposed to want to chase the light.

I shined the light on the ground in front of the cat.  He didn't look.

I shined it on the porch railing.  He didn't look.

I shined it on his paws.  He didn't look.

"What's the matter with you?" I asked.  "You're supposed to think this is fun."

He meowed and slunk off to do whatever cats do.  Which is probably sleep.

Then I brought the toy in, and shined it on the floor in front of my German Shepherd.  He went nuts. He chased the beam around the room.  He pounced on it.  He even tried to eat it.

Now, the question is, "Is my cat dumb for not wanted to play with a tiny beam of light, or is my dog dumb for thinking it was something he could grab?"

Maybe the cat isn't as dumb as he seems.   

No comments:

Post a Comment