Mama Diaries

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Top Chef

"Mom, I want to make my own lunch for school tomorrow," my seven-year-old son announced.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I want to see what it's like to be a grown-up.  Someday I'm going to have to make lunches for my kids."

"Oh.  Okay.  Have at it."

A few minutes later, he called me into the kitchen.  "Check out my sandwich."

This thing had no less than five pieces of bread.  In between each slice was a piece of ham, roast beef, and cheese.

"Seriously?  Do you really think you can fit that in your mouth?"

He opened his mouth.  Apparently he would have no trouble chomping it to bits.

"Dude, if you ever have kids, there's no way they're going to be able to take a bite out of something like that."

"Oh, I'm not worried.  They're going to be just like me."    

No comments:

Post a Comment