Mama Diaries

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Magic Spell

I took my kids out for lunch today, since it was their day off.

My son seemed to have some trouble acting like a civilized human being.  First, he poured salt on his head.  Then he dabbed ketchup on his nose.  Then he got up and did a little dance.

"What are you doing?" I asked, completely shocked that he would behave in such a manner.

"Having fun," he said.

"That is just barbaric.  Sit down, wipe the ketchup off of your face, and behave like a gentleman."

"Okay, but first you have to say the magic spell."

"What magic spell?"

"The one that makes me sit down and behave."

"Okay.  Hokus Pokus Dominokus.  Please sit down.  Don't be a Blokus."

Apparently I got the right one.  He sat down and behaved for the rest of the meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment