Mama Diaries

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Typing Class

"Mom, I have to use the computer for homework," my ten-year-old daughter announced.

"Okay," I said.  "But make sure you're not fooling around doing other things on there."

I got her set up on the computer and went off to do whatever I do.  A few minutes later, I heard some funny noises coming from the office.  I went in to check it out.  On the computer screen were these cartoon characters.  It looked like she was playing a game.

"I thought you were doing homework," I said.

"I am.  It's typing homework.  See, the big fat hippo tells me when I type the sentence correctly."

"You've got to be kidding."

"No.  I'm learning how to use proper fingering for typing on the keyboard."

Now why couldn't I have had a big fat hippo helping me learn how to type?  Oh.  Because I learned to type on a typewriter, before computers were invented.  That just makes me feel ancient...prehistoric even. ( Maybe my kids are right when they say I was around during the time of the dinosaurs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment