Mama Diaries

Monday, December 5, 2011

Bad Monday

When the alarm clock wakes you up with an ominous "Bum Bum Bum Ba - Dum" from the basses and cellos, you know it's going to be a bad day.  That's exactly what happened this morning.  We always awaken to classical music.  It's usually such a pleasant way to start the day. Not today. 

"Seriously?' my husband said after he heard it.

"You've got to be kidding!"  I exclaimed.

So as I sit here with bloody guazes shoved in my mouth, let me tell you about the bad Monday.

First of all, it is raining.  Our backyard is a flooded mess.

Then I took the dog out and discovered he has a nice case of diarhea.  First thing in the morning he's leaving disgusting piles of feces on our grass.  (That smelled good.)  And of course his feet got all muddy.  Muddy floors are never fun to clean.

Then it was time to take the cat to the vet. He's an outside cat, so first I had to catch him.  In the rain.  Then I had to listen to him cry in his crate.  Then he peed himself.  And I had to clean that up. 

Next project was to wash and put away a new dish set my husband had gotten from Pottery Barn yesterday.  But guess what?  The dinner plates were so big, they didn't fit in the cupboard.  I discovered this after I had washed the soup bowls and mugs, and unpacked the salad plates.  And do you know what else?  My husband lost the receipt.  Hopefully they'll take the whole $200 set back.

And then I discovered a blew a fuse with my great Christmas light display.  It took two hours to discover which outlet had popped.  In the meantime, I had to re-route the seweage pump, or our house would have smelled like something awful.

Finally, I had surgery on my gums.  It was planned, so I knew it was coming.  But it's never fun to have your gums cut up.

So now I'm looking at the clock counting down the minutes to when this fine day will be over.  Oy!

 













No comments:

Post a Comment