Mama Diaries

Friday, January 13, 2012

Morning Rush

I really hate when I forget to set the alarm clock.  That's exactly what happened last night.  When I woke up, I noticed it was starting to get light outside.  Uh oh.  That's not the greatest way to start Friday the thirteenth!  Sure enough, I looked at the clock.  Seven forty one.  Ten minutes until the bus comes.

I jumped out of bed.  "Kids!  Time to get up!  The bus comes in ten minutes!"

Let's just say the kids weren't very happy.  "What?"  they both exclaimed after shaking off the morning groggies.  "What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about getting dressed really fast and going to the bus stop."

They got themselves dressed lickity split.  We even had breakfast (Special K).  And we got out that door in seven minutes.  It was record time!

And do you know what else?  We were the first ones at the bus stop!

1 comment:

  1. I find the sometimes the less time you have the quicker you get out the door. It's when you have time that you start to dally.

    ReplyDelete