Mama Diaries

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Bigfoot Trap

You may remember a few weeks ago,  my seven-year-old son was howling on our front porch.  The reason?  To attract a Yeti.  Now he's trying to trap one.

Only, he didn't trap a Yeti.  He trapped my daughter.  She came into the house completely covered in mud.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I fell into a Bigfoot trap."

"Huh?"

"Bubba and his buddy made a slippery mud slope on the bank of the creek.  Any Bigfoot that comes too close is doomed."

I looked at her muddy clothes.  "Yeah. I see that. I know you have a size 9 shoe, but I don't think you're Bigfoot.  So stay away from that thing."

She nodded and went off to clean herself up.

I'll keep you updated as to whether or not this trap works for any real resident Bigfoots.

15 comments:

  1. It doesn't sound like she was a bit bothered :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha reminds me of my brother and myself when we were little!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I remember it was great fun playing in the woods. But I never set any Bigfoot traps.

      Delete
  3. hahaha at least she proved the trap can work

    ReplyDelete
  4. From the Introduction of Neil Gaiman's short story collection Fragile Things:

    "And on the subject of naming animals, can I just say how happy I was to discover that the word yeti, literally translated, apparently means "that thing over there." ("Quick, brave Himalayan Guide - what's that thing over there?"
    "Yeti."
    "I see.")

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherry, I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award and now I see you've already received it! Oh, well, I really just wanted to share your site with my readers. Hope they enjoy your posts as much as I do!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Thank you! It's my fourth nomination. Ha. So do I get an award for being the most versatile Versatile blogger?

      Delete