Mama Diaries

Friday, April 20, 2012

Cleaning Vomit

Doesn't that title just want to make you read more? 

So the dog must've eaten something disgusting outside.  Because when he came in, he vomited all over the floor.  Of course I was on the telephone with my dad.

My husband came out of his home office to see what just happened.  What he saw was the dog trying to eat his vomit. 
That made my husband almost vomit. 

I had to act quick.  I shoved both of those boys out the door.

Then I got the big Shamwow out.  (Yes, my husband got me one of those one Christmas as a joke.  It's come in handy on quite a few occasions.)  While still on the phone, I cleaned up that mess.  I tried to run it down the garbage disposal, but apparently there were big chunks of something in it.  The garbage disposal made a horrible racket.

"What is going on over there?" my dad asked.

"Oh, nothing.  The dog just threw up, and I'm cleaning the mess." 

I knew I had to clean out that garbage disposal.  So I searched the house for a pair of latex gloves. (I was not going to shove my hand into a pile of bile!)

I cleaned that digusting thing.  Then I washed my hands.  All clean.  And all done while I was on the telephone.

Am I good or what?

16 comments:

  1. You are good. My hat's off to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, the title of your post spoke to me! What good mom has never had to clean vomit - - a child, a husband, or even a dog?! You are a good woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing what women do that men can't...my husband always runs when the dog, cat or kid vomit!
    oh well, at least I know I'm useful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you are talented. I'd want to run too, but then my ocd would make me clean it..haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I guess it wouldn't be good to leave it sitting around forever.

      Delete
  5. You handled the phone, the vomit, and the two boys... talk about multi-tasking...
    Men are such babies! You did well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't know what men would do without us women!

      Delete
  6. Awesome! It's amazing how well we moms can multitask! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good? You're amazing, Sherry!

    I remember when we used to have our little cocker spaniel and she'd manage to ingest all sorts of godawful stuff that ended up as patches of puke all over the house. LOL

    But I'd give anything to have her back with us again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dogs certainly create a lot of messes, but they're good company!

      Delete