Mama Diaries

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Storm Chaser

My son has a fascination with storms and tornadoes.  He has decided that he wants to be a storm chaser.  So today, he put on some storm chaser gear and headed out to the great outdoors.

A little while later, a delivery man arrived at our house.  He spotted my son.  "Are you going fishing?"  he asked.

My son straightened out his fishing vest.  "No, sir.  I'm a storm chaser."

"Oh," said the delivery man.  "Then why are you wearing a fishing vest?"

"It's holding my equipment."

"What kind of equipment?"

My son emptied his pockets.  "Well, here are some bandaids in case I get hurt.  A flashlight because it gets real dark in thunderstorms, and a compass so I can find my way back home in case a tornado picks me up and drops me somewhere else."

Now that's what I call prepared!

14 comments:

  1. haha I hope he doesn't land in a place with a yellow brick road and some scary flying monkeys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great. Nothing better than kids being serious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THat is so sweet and innocent - I also am a storm chaser wannabe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a brave woman! I'd rather hole up in my house and wait for it to pass.

      Delete
  4. Ha ha. I love his serious intent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes. He's very serious when it comes to storm chasing!

      Delete
  5. so cute! ready for anything!

    best,
    MOV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just about anything. I was kind of surprised that he didn't have a canteen full of water in that vest!

      Delete
  6. Storm chasing does sound like fun. My kids just chase each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I bet that just like having a hurricane in your house!

      Delete