Mama Diaries

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Doctor Dog

We haven't had a story about Schultz, my hundred pound German Shepherd, for a while.  He's been rather mellow, lately.  Not today.

Today, I had a blasting headache, and wasn't feeling too good. So I did something a little out of the ordinary.  I lay down on the sofa to rest.  Schultz came over, sat down, and stared at me.  I closed my eyes and ignored him.  What did he do?  He got up and sniffed me.  His big, wet nose was about an inch from my face.

"Schultz, leave me alone," I said.

He gave my cheek a lick with his big, pink tongue.

I turned my head.  "Go away!"

He stared at me for about five seconds and then went over to his bowl of water.  Slurp, slurp, slurp!  I knew what was coming next.

Two seconds later, he was standing over me, water dripping off his enormous jowls onto my face.

"Schultz!" I bellowed, bolting upright. "What the heck?"

I got up and gave him my mean mommy look.

He gave me one of his silly grins, with his tongue hanging out of the side of his mouth.  He was obviously quite pleased with himself.

I shook my head.  "Thanks, Doctor Dog.  I'm standing upright, again.  You fixed me!"

He wagged his tail and trotted off.  

30 comments:

  1. Dogs always know what to do.
    Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling better. Not quite at 100%, but I'm sure the doggy elixir helped make a difference! ;0)

      Delete
  2. Awe cute! In an annoying way for you, of course. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I think your dog would get along with mine. Her first instinct is always to lick, too. XD

    Hope your headache has finally eased up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha they do know when we aren't feeling good, yuck to the slobber though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must've smelled a little "off." Maybe he thought some slobber would remedy that. ;0)

      Delete
  5. *LOL* He obviously knew what he was doing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol!!.. dogs and their wet noses (*cold!*). They are funny. wanted to make you smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good treatment given by your dog to you for your head ache. What a loveable dog!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable!! I love this. The love of a pet - we just can't stay annoyed with them can we? They are too lovable :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, he wanted to make sure you were okay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love me stories with Schultz best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking maybe I'd create a book series with Schultz as the protagonist. I wish I had more time to do it!

      Delete
  11. Love this. I think you will appreciate my video for Everyone this week on the Thursday post. Had I read this sooner, it might have been JUST FOR YOU:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. yay for doggies! they are great healers, you know. but they can cause headaches too =)

    have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes, Schultz has caused quite a few headaches in his lifetime!

      Delete
  13. Oh, they do love their little home remedies- what would we do without them?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww, I love Schultz, what a great name for a German Shepherd. And there's not much doggie kisses can't cure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. He was just trying to kiss it all better or lick it all better

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've convinced me. I need a dog.

    ReplyDelete