Mama Diaries

Friday, April 25, 2014

Violin Thief

Before I begin my story, I want to let you know about the release of a new book by a very talented writer and blog friend, Medeia Sharif.  You can find it here on Amazon. 




SNIP, SNIP REVENGE by Medeia Sharif
YA Contemporary, Evernight Teen
Release Date April 25, 2014

Beautiful, confident Tabby Karim has plans for the winter: nab a role in her school’s dramatic production, make the new boy Michael hers, and keep bigoted Heather—with her relentless Ay-rab comments—at bay. When a teacher’s lie and her father’s hastiness rob her of her beautiful hair, her dreams are dashed. The fastest barber in Miami Beach has made her look practically bald.

With all her pretty hair gone, Tabby doesn’t believe she fits the feminine role she’s auditioning for. Michael is still interested in her, but he’s playing it cool. Heather has taken to bullying her online, which is easier to do with Tabby’s ugly haircut. Tabby spearheads Operation Revenge, which proves satisfying until all of her problems deepen. 
After messing up, she sets to make things right.




Author Bio
I’m a Kurdish-American author who was born in New York City, and I presently call Miami my home. I received my master’s degree in psychology from Florida Atlantic University. After becoming a voracious reader in high school and a relentless writer dabbling in many genres in college, I found my niche writing for young people. Today I'm a MG and YA writer published through various presses. In addition to being a writer, I'm a middle school English teacher. My memberships include Mensa, ALAN, and SCBWI.

Find Medeia


Blog   |   Twitter   |   Goodreads   |   Instagram   |   Amazon


Now for the story:

When our German Shepherd, Schultz, was a puppy, he got into a lot of trouble!  He destroyed the ignition switch on our grill, not once, not twice, but three times!  (Don't ask me how.)  He chewed through the screen on our back sliding door twice.  He destroyed two garden hoses, chewed up the legs of four kitchen chairs, and decimated my rose garden. He was a naughty puppy!

One day, about three years ago, I was in the kitchen, when I heard a strange sound.  It was coming from the living room.  I went to investigate.  I couldn't believe what I saw!  That gosh-darn German Shepherd had the shoulder strap of my violin case in his mouth, and was dragging the case across the floor.  My violin, of course, was inside!

"Schultz!" I bellowed.  "Drop it!"

He didn't want to drop it.

I growled at him.  "Drop it!!!!!"

He knew the Mama was mad!  He dropped it, stuck his tail between his legs, and got out of there.

"Crate!" I ordered.

I locked him in there, where he stayed for several hours.  That was the last time he ever messed with any of my instruments, because he knows that if he even so much thinks about eating my violin for lunch, this Mama will turn into an angry lion!



43 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Medeia!
    If he'd done that to one of my guitars, I would've come unglued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the instrument wasn't exposed, or he would have chewed it to smithereens!

      Delete
  2. Congrats to Medeia, I like the cover with the hair covering like a mask. We have a little mut pup that likes to chew the kids toys when they leave them on the floor. I tell them he doesn't know the difference between his and their toys. I'm glad he isn't a music lover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true. Young dogs can't discern what belongs to them and what doesn't.

      Delete
  3. maybe he wanted to play you a serenade.... after all he does come from the land of famous composers and musicians :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and congrats to Medeia, love the cover

      Delete
    2. He seems to have an appreciation for music, because almost every time I practice, he lies down on my feet and listens. Medeia's cover is awesome!

      Delete
  4. Congrats to Medeia! And I am glad that your furry friend learned his lesson :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got your violin back from the dog... With several violins in the house and one very old (it's been in my family since right after the Civil War and is now my daughters), I have worried about them being stolen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Violins are very valuable, so I can understand your concern.

      Delete
  6. Glad everything worked out okay for your violin. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Medeia. Schultz just wanted you to teach him to play

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you imagine if he had gotten to your violin! That would have been tragic. Naughty dogs need to know whose boss.

    LittleCely's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh. I don't even want to think about it! I doubt any violin repair person could undo the damage Schultz would've inflicted!

      Delete
  9. I love Medeia's cover! I don't think Schultz wanted to eat your violin...I think he wanted to play it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Medeia's cover is awesome! I'm glad Schultz didn't get to my instrument, because he would've made it a chew toy!

      Delete
  10. I'm of fan of Medeia as well, so I'm looking forward to her new book. Sounds like you have your very own Marley dog. The worst thing my cat has done lately is poop in our bed, but hey, she's well over a hundred in cat years, so I forgave her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. He learned, all right - exactly what not to do!

      Delete
  12. Congrats on your release, Medeia!

    I guess you could say your puppy had great taste for music. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for Medeia!

    Ooh! The mean mama came out to play. I have a son who behave about like your dog. Sometimes I wish I had a crate for him. *sigh*

    True Heroes from A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to Medeia, her book sounds super. I am adding it to my TBR pile.

    Your dog learnt a lesson that mama does not like anyone near her violin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to reading Medeia's book, too!

      Delete
  15. Congratulations to Medeia on her new book release. So glad that Schultz learned his lesson! When our dog was little, he liked to chew TV remotes. We're glad his tastes have changed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Schultz tried that a few times. I think he's finally learned his lesson, though, and leaves our remotes alone.

      Delete
  16. Congratulations Medeia, hope the book is a success.

    I wish I was a fly on the wall when you discovered what your dog was capable of.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you were a fly on the wall, I'm sure you'd find my household quite amusing!

      Delete
  17. Sounds like a good book for teen girls.

    It also sounds like your pup learned his lesson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Medeia's book is going to be a big hit with teen girls.

      Delete
  18. Great excerpt! Congrats again on your launch, Medeia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's worked so hard on her book, and now she's working hard to get the word out!

      Delete
  19. Yay Medeia! So great to see your book everywhere today.

    I love Schultz stories :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't get as many Schultz stories these days, because he's been pretty well-behaved. We'll just have to re-read the stories of his puppy days!

      Delete
  20. Yay for Medeia! :) And it seems Schultz may have a little wisdom, or at least, a good survival instinct!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least he has a brain and can remember things for longer than 2 seconds!

      Delete
  21. Thank you, thank you for featuring my book.

    Nobody better mess with your violin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Medeia! I wish you all the best with it, and I'm looking forward to reading it!

      Delete